Region: South Central
County: Santa Fe
State: New Mexico
Cerro Pelon Mountain is located in the heart of the ranch and is often referred to as the Galisteo Wave. It is the most significant landmark in the Galisteo Basin and can be seen for miles. Encompa....
Unmatched cattle and sporting Ranch, only 67 miles from Dillon, Montana. Stretching as one vast, contiguous holding, from the Continental Divide of the majestic Beaverhead Mountains to the rich Lemhi ....
The intent of the Lampadoshia PD District is to create an active residential and mixed-use community complete with amenities and recreational opportunities. The Zoning Master Plan envisions several v....
With nearly 17,000 acres of Oregon’s very best mountains, timber and streams, the Minam River Ranch is as wild and natural as it was 150 years ago when Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce tribes called t....
County: Sweet Grass
Located along 3.5± miles of one of the world’s greatest fly fishing rivers is the Engwis Ranch. Positioned conveniently between the towns of Livingston and Big Timber, the ranch’s 5,546± diversi....
Spread out across 275 acres of lush forest on the Uncompahgre Plateau lies Elk Mountain Resort. The luxurious resort, completed in 2006, was a four-season destination consisting of a main lodge that b....
Fay Ranches is honored to bring the West Boulder Ranch to market. Nestled at the base of the Absaroka Mountains in south central Montana, the West Boulder Ranch is one of the most scenic and prolific ....
County: San Luis Obispo
Spanish for The Pools, the stunning Las Piletas Ranch comprises 13,570 acres ideal for cattle operation and various hunting and recreational activities. Situated in Carissa Plains, Las Piletas Ranch i....
It is no secret that Americans love spending times outdoors hunting, fishing, and catching game. If you're looking for different hunting or fishing properties for sale, look no further than American Farm & Ranch. We have all different properties available for every hunting or fishing enthusiast including deer hunting property for sale, Elk hunting property for sale, Fly fishing ranches for sale, and Live water ranches.
But each property has its own features to look for if you are interested in purchasing. Below, we've outlined some basic criteria for you.
Make sure to look for:
1. An established food and water source.
2. Cover. Deer like to hide in dense areas, and if there aren't any available they will most likely run someplace else.
3. Quality of deer. You do not want to invest your time in poorly fed, weak deer.
Consider these factors when hunting elk:
1. Elk migrate seasonally. Consequently, different elevations are crucial so your elk do not move to another area in their migration.
2. Cover. Just like the deer, elk require dense trees and forests.
3. Elk Sanctuaries. Some areas may protect elk from hunting which may provide for good opportunities for neighboring properties - Also be aware of tag availability.
Fish are a lot less mobile than elk and deer in that they are contained in bodies of water. Look for these different details when you're checking out properties:
1. Different bodies of water. You will want a versatility in the amount of fish available on your ranch. Rivers, lakes, and ponds are all good, the longer the better.
2. Water rights. You want to make sure that the lake or pond is legal and you have the legal right to store the water.
3. Good water structures. Fish need structures in the water to provide protection and spawning areas.