Region: South Central
County: Santa Fe
State: New Mexico
Cerro Pelon Mountain is located in the heart of the ranch and is often referred to as the Galisteo Wave. It is the most significant landmark in the Galisteo Basin and can be seen for miles. Encompa....
The Antone Ranch, located 100 miles east of Bend, Oregon is a legacy recreational ranch consisting of approximately 36,663+/- deeded acres in a large private block with exceptional water resources, in....
|| An incredible opportunity to live the Old West heritage and grandeur of Montana and the New West leisure and luxury of Scottsdale. This offering includes a 7,000 acre cattle ranch near Lewistown, ....
|| An incredible opportunity to live the Old West heritage and grandeur of Montana and the New West leisure and luxury of Scottsdale. This offering includes a 7,000 acre cattle ranch near Lewistown, M....
Big Creek Ranch is approximately 4,850 acres of pristine ranch land. This ranch checks off nearly every box a legacy ranch buyer has: prime big game hunting, outstanding fishing along Big Creek, publi....
The contiguous 24,337 acre Rudio Mountain Ranch is located in Grant County, Oregon, between the North Fork John Day and the John Day River drainages, and near the riverfront communities of Dayville an....
County: Big Horn
The OW Ranch is the original headquarters of the Kendrick Cattle Company, perhaps the most famous of the cattle empires in the Sheridan area and now one of the best values for a low overhead ranch on ....
Welcome to 45,000 deeded acres and 16,000 leased acres of the finest grass country in Montana. This ranch has the lush grass that the Texas cattlemen moved to Wibaux Country for as depilated on the ....
It is no secret that Americans love spending times outdoors hunting, fishing, and catching game. If you're looking for different hunting or fishing properties for sale, look no further than American Farm & Ranch. We have all different properties available for every hunting or fishing enthusiast including deer hunting property for sale, Elk hunting property for sale, Fly fishing ranches for sale, and Live water ranches.
But each property has its own features to look for if you are interested in purchasing. Below, we've outlined some basic criteria for you.
Make sure to look for:
1. An established food and water source.
2. Cover. Deer like to hide in dense areas, and if there aren't any available they will most likely run someplace else.
3. Quality of deer. You do not want to invest your time in poorly fed, weak deer.
Consider these factors when hunting elk:
1. Elk migrate seasonally. Consequently, different elevations are crucial so your elk do not move to another area in their migration.
2. Cover. Just like the deer, elk require dense trees and forests.
3. Elk Sanctuaries. Some areas may protect elk from hunting which may provide for good opportunities for neighboring properties - Also be aware of tag availability.
Fish are a lot less mobile than elk and deer in that they are contained in bodies of water. Look for these different details when you're checking out properties:
1. Different bodies of water. You will want a versatility in the amount of fish available on your ranch. Rivers, lakes, and ponds are all good, the longer the better.
2. Water rights. You want to make sure that the lake or pond is legal and you have the legal right to store the water.
3. Good water structures. Fish need structures in the water to provide protection and spawning areas.