Region: South Central
County: Santa Fe
State: New Mexico
The Cerro Pelon Ranch is a beautiful 25 minute drive from historic Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA; the oldest capitol city in the United States. Cerro Pelon Mountain is located in the heart of the ranch an....
|| An incredible opportunity to live the Old West heritage and grandeur of Montana and the New West leisure and luxury of Scottsdale. This offering includes a 7,000 acre cattle ranch near Lewistown, ....
|| An incredible opportunity to live the Old West heritage and grandeur of Montana and the New West leisure and luxury of Scottsdale. This offering includes a 7,000 acre cattle ranch near Lewistown, M....
Bordering the Manti-La Sal National Forest in central Utah, lie 7,973 acres of endless recreational possibilities. The Bear Mountain Ranch has the feel of complete seclusion and privacy, yet is less ....
Located in Okeechobee, Florida, this completely fenced and cross fenced 6255.8 +/- acre property is composed of 525 acres of improved pasture, 1,678 acres of semi-improved pasture, 3036 acres of na....
The contiguous 24,337 acre Rudio Mountain Ranch is located in Grant County, Oregon, between the North Fork John Day and the John Day River drainages, and near the riverfront communities of Dayville an....
Never before on the market, Alico Hill Grade West is approximately 8,509 acres in Hendry County, Florida. This south central Florida ranch is comprised of a mix of improved, semi-improved and native p....
Never before on the market, Alico Hill Grade West is approximately 7,716 acres in Hendry County, Florida. This south central Florida ranch is comprised of a mix of improved, semi-improved and native p....
It is no secret that Americans love spending times outdoors hunting, fishing, and catching game. If you're looking for different hunting or fishing properties for sale, look no further than American Farm & Ranch. We have all different properties available for every hunting or fishing enthusiast including deer hunting property for sale, Elk hunting property for sale, Fly fishing ranches for sale, and Live water ranches.
But each property has its own features to look for if you are interested in purchasing. Below, we've outlined some basic criteria for you.
Make sure to look for:
1. An established food and water source.
2. Cover. Deer like to hide in dense areas, and if there aren't any available they will most likely run someplace else.
3. Quality of deer. You do not want to invest your time in poorly fed, weak deer.
Consider these factors when hunting elk:
1. Elk migrate seasonally. Consequently, different elevations are crucial so your elk do not move to another area in their migration.
2. Cover. Just like the deer, elk require dense trees and forests.
3. Elk Sanctuaries. Some areas may protect elk from hunting which may provide for good opportunities for neighboring properties - Also be aware of tag availability.
Fish are a lot less mobile than elk and deer in that they are contained in bodies of water. Look for these different details when you're checking out properties:
1. Different bodies of water. You will want a versatility in the amount of fish available on your ranch. Rivers, lakes, and ponds are all good, the longer the better.
2. Water rights. You want to make sure that the lake or pond is legal and you have the legal right to store the water.
3. Good water structures. Fish need structures in the water to provide protection and spawning areas.