Blue Creek Ranch is comprised of the 10,649.75-acre and located on both sides of U. S. Highway 50 approximately 25 miles east of Montrose. This spectacular mountain ranch is a true rare Rocky mountain....
The contiguous 24,337 acre Rudio Mountain Ranch is located in Grant County, Oregon, between the North Fork John Day and the John Day River drainages, and near the riverfront communities of Dayville an....
County: Big Horn
The OW Ranch is the original headquarters of the Kendrick Cattle Company, perhaps the most famous of the cattle empires in the Sheridan area and now one of the best values for a low overhead ranch on ....
The North Fork of the Malheur River is a designated wild and scenic river that is 22.9 miles in length and is recognized for its outstanding remarkable values of scenery, fisheries, geology, and wildl....
Spread out across 275 acres of lush forest on the Uncompahgre Plateau lies Elk Mountain Resort. The luxurious resort, completed in 2006, was a four-season destination consisting of a main lodge that b....
BUCKHORN MOUNTAIN RANCH Colona, Colorado Just 15 miles south of Montrose, Colorado, the Buckhorn Mountain Ranch spreads across 6,573 deeded acres of stunningly beautiful high desert land at the ba....
Region: South Central
In the heart of the Texas Hill Country, along the edge of the Highland Lakes sits the magnificent Reed Ranch. The beauty of this area has captured the hearts of all who have passed through it. Straddl....
Region: South Central
Covering nearly 400 acres, El Corazon Ranch is an outdoorsman’s retreat just outside of Houston. A family homestead, the ranch offers the finest land and estate property in the great state of Texas.....
It is no secret that Americans love spending times outdoors hunting, fishing, and catching game. If you're looking for different hunting or fishing properties for sale, look no further than American Farm & Ranch. We have all different properties available for every hunting or fishing enthusiast including deer hunting property for sale, Elk hunting property for sale, Fly fishing ranches for sale, and Live water ranches.
But each property has its own features to look for if you are interested in purchasing. Below, we've outlined some basic criteria for you.
Make sure to look for:
1. An established food and water source.
2. Cover. Deer like to hide in dense areas, and if there aren't any available they will most likely run someplace else.
3. Quality of deer. You do not want to invest your time in poorly fed, weak deer.
Consider these factors when hunting elk:
1. Elk migrate seasonally. Consequently, different elevations are crucial so your elk do not move to another area in their migration.
2. Cover. Just like the deer, elk require dense trees and forests.
3. Elk Sanctuaries. Some areas may protect elk from hunting which may provide for good opportunities for neighboring properties - Also be aware of tag availability.
Fish are a lot less mobile than elk and deer in that they are contained in bodies of water. Look for these different details when you're checking out properties:
1. Different bodies of water. You will want a versatility in the amount of fish available on your ranch. Rivers, lakes, and ponds are all good, the longer the better.
2. Water rights. You want to make sure that the lake or pond is legal and you have the legal right to store the water.
3. Good water structures. Fish need structures in the water to provide protection and spawning areas.